Monday, May 16, 2016


I've been playing with clay lately, there is something about working with clay that I find very appealing.   Clay lends itself to so many forms that the possibilities are endless.
I signed up for a throwing pottery class and I was able to practice throwing and learned new techniques.  I loved it so much that I am looking at buying my own potters wheel.  When I don't feel like throwing, but still want to work with clay, I create pendants, beads and buttons.  I am creating an inventory of these items and my goal is to list these before the summer on my etsy shop. 

For some time, I concentrated solely on the creation of jewelry and took breaks in order to work with other mediums whenever I felt a tug to do so.  These breaks from jewelry making were short lived because I did not want to spend too much time away from making jewelry because I had orders to fill and shows to prepare for.
Even though I still spend the majority of my time working on jewelry making, I now allow myself permission to spend time on other mediums without feeling guilty about my time away from jewelry making.  This has allowed artistic growth in other areas and this has affected my work in jewelry making in a positive manner.

The images I am featuring are of my most recent pieces.  All of them feature clay, the small bowl is a piece I threw recently.  I am glazing it at the moment, hopefully I will be able to fire this week and I will share the results.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment