Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dayof the Dead Jewelry


I have affection towards everything Day of the Dead.  I grew up on the border and spent time with my family in MX. so I've never been one to shy away from color and culture.
As Dia de los Muertos approaches, I decided to pay homage to my Aztec roots by creating these lovely jewelry pieces. 
So far, this is the only one I have posted in my etsy shop, I hope to have a few more soon.
The pendant is made using white clay which I bisque fired in my new kiln ( I had to throw that in).  After it was bisque fired I glazed it and re-fired.

On a side note, I have created many ceramic pendants and beads, I might begin to sell some of these as supplies, and not finished pieces.  I will still continue to make finished jewelry pieces, but I would also like to offer some of my pendant to jewelry artists.  Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment