Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day of the Dead Festival








I spent the weekend selling my work at the Day of the Dead Festival in Old Mesilla,  NM.  Day of the Dead celebrations are a pretty big deal in the Southwest, people dress up like "La Catrina" and get out their best skeleton outfits.  I regret not dressing up, but I was in such a rush making the hour drive on Sat. morning that I did not have time to prepare.  I shared a booth with three of my dearest friends.  We all had great sales and had a great time seeing all of the festivities.   Altars were also set up around the plaza, some of them were quite elaborate. 
It is hard to believe that my neighbors to the north are under severe freezing conditions, here I am in a t-shirt enjoying the nice weather.
I hope you are keeping warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment