Monday, February 20, 2012


These are two of my latest creations.  I am a big fan of Frida Khalo, her work appeals to me.  I give my high school students a lesson on Frida Khalo and the misconceptions that the kids have about her and her work are mind boggling.
I had a dream last night that I was a student and that I was creating two paintings.  I havn't worked on a painting since last Oct. and I am feeling the need to get my paint brushes.  What to paint, though.  In reality, I don't have time to paint.  Not with three months left of school, I should just wait for the summer.
Speaking of summer, I've been thinking of getting my masters.   As much as I enjoy teaching, it is not what I want to do for the rest of my life.  As an artist, I would love to retire early and make a living off of my work.  It is time to start working on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment