Wednesday, December 16, 2009

clouds




Here in El Paso we get rain when the sun is out. Have you ever seen it rain in a sunny day? The raindrops glow in the sun. It is one of my favorite things about El Paso. When I was flying in from New Orleans last spring these clusters of clouds caught my attention. They were extremely large, several stories high and some of them were dropping rain at different locations. My pictures do them no justice but I wanted to share them with you. I have been looking for inspiration for my next painting and I remembered these clouds, I'm leaning towards an abstract interpretation. I'm also leaning towards some trees....




3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, we get that rain on a sunny day sometimes here in Lubbock. It is like little magical rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! i love the rain in the sunshine. we don't have that here in california, but i've been in it in mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete