Friday, June 11, 2010

Batik


This is a new batik I am currently working on. It is in preparation for the Virgen de Guadalupe Competition and Exhibit that is held here in El Paso in Dec. Yes, I am several months ahead but I am hoping to add some embroidery to it and I really want to dedicate some time to it. I won 2nd place several years ago and I havn't entered since. I actually had another idea in mind but several of us got together last Sun. to batik and out of the blue I decided to work on her. I'm sitll learning and I hope some of the embroidery will take care of my mistakes. The colors look amazing close up. To get a better view of the detail click on the pic and zoom in.
As I mentioned before, I had jury duty the very first day of summer vacations, luckily I was not picked. Not that I'm complaining about doing my civic service but I was up late on Wed. with the worst stomach cramps. I had never experienced so much discomfort. By the time I got up on Thurs. doing jury duty was the last thing on my mind. I'm still recovering.
I'm counting today as my first official day off. I want to accomplish three things this summer: art, clean my house and sleep.

I'm about to do one of the three, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment