Monday, June 7, 2010

This is not Photoshopped




I was in my studio yesterday working on a new batik when my son yelled for me. "Quick," he said, "get your camera!" I went outside and was mesmerized by what I saw. My camera did not do the sky justice. We had a terribly hot day yesterday (108) and then had rain late in the evening. This was right before the rain fell. I've seen these colors in the sky before but the intensity of the colors was amazing.
The picture reminds me of the art project kids do in elementary school. The one where they watercolor the background and then put black construction paper landscapes in front. You know the ones?
On an even better note, two more days for summer vacations! Wait don't get so excited for me, I have jury duty the next day:(
Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment