Sunday, January 8, 2012

My New Studio




I moved into my new studio space over the holidays with the help of my husband and kids. I made the move in two days, which is why it looks the way it does.  I had been in a 10' x 10' room, and was extremely crowded, I have no clue how I fit everything in there.  My husband will turn that room into an office/man cave  space.  What is now my studio was once our family room, it was a great space for tv watching, thanks to the dark walls.  Now the dark walls are not so great for my studio.  I will paint the walls over the summer, buy some colorful rugs and ad a few more tables.  We removed the water damaged (another story) carpet and found that someone, at some point, wrote the name "Roger" on the floor.  Ugh.
I have a vision of what I want my studio to look like when it is all said and done, I just have to be patient and slowly work my way towards my vision.
I can't wait to show you the end results.
Another plus to this space is that not only will I be able to create my jewelry, but I now have enough space to create my paintings without having to put things away.
This was the best gift ever!

1 comment:

  1. WOnderful! YOU are moving at a much faster pace than me. Congratulations! Are you an Aries by any chance? Its funny we both choose to do this at the most hectic time of the year. Good luck! xo, Nicole

    ReplyDelete