Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bloom

Bloom where you are planted.  I created this piece while proctoring an ap exam (shhhhh, don't tell anyone).  I was paying attention, I promise.  I only had some sharpies to work with, but I do like the end results.  The only mistake I made was laying down some silver sharpie down, then trying to write.  The writing keeps fading away.  I will probably collage the words later.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I created three of the flowers by tracing a pair of scissors, can you see them?
Well, as for my sketchbook prompt, I have been trying to bloom where I am planted, but there are times when I want to pick up my roots and look for greener pastures.  For now though, I will continue to bloom and grow right where I am.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I really like that you used an everyday object to doodle some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using scissors for tracing petals! Very cool page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page. Simple and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you drew these flowers!!

    ReplyDelete