Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mommy's Day


I was up late last night finishing up some last minute orders for Mother's Day.  I took these pictures minutes before I climbed into bed.  I'm glad I did because my customer showed up bright and early for the pieces. 
It gives me great pleasure to know that something I created will be given as a gift on such a special day.  I hope the lucky moms that receive these gifts will like them.  Custom orders always make me so nervous.  The pressure to please and to do well is so high.  Well, all I could do now is hope they become treasured gifts.
Now I am sitting here in my kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee, while the rest of the family is slowly coming to life.  We will be heading off to visit my mom and enjoying the afternoon with my family.  We usually have a cookout or feast on some traditional Mexican food, but not this year.  My mom insisted on a turkey dinner.  That's right...turkey.  Anything to please my mom, and well, I do love turkey.
Happy Mommy's Day to all of the mothers in the world, to all women that want to be moms, but can't and to all the moms that have lost a child. 

1 comment:

  1. Your upcycled jewelry is just lovely. I'm going to check out your other site now. I'm curious to see what else you've made.

    Happy belated Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete