Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clay beads




I'm still playing around with clay and trying to come up with some different images for my beads. I started making these for my daughter and her friends and now I can't seem to stop. They are mostly for fun but I'd like to perfect my technique. I'd like to make the transition to porcelain, but I have never worked with it. What cone do you fire porcelain? Does Stroke n' Coat work on porcelain?


I am on my way to Cloudcroft NM for an art festival where I will be selling my jewelry. Wish me luck, it has been a long time since I have sold at an art fair. I mostly rely on the shops here in town to sell my work.


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nena,
    pureists will say you need to go cone 10 for porcelain, but I think the cone 6 versions are fine unless you want to do supper thin translucent pieces. As long as you stay with the same temp range, all your glazes and underglazes should work fine, but they will be brighter on porcelain.
    Hope that helps!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nena! It's cone 6. I used to make porcelain dolls. Now my kiln sits collecting dust in the boiler room!!! I LOVE your beads!!! Hugs, Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete