Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Painting




I've been working every day on my paintings trying to finish my pieces for the exhibit I'm participating in. This particular piece is of my cat, Frida. I don't know what possessed me to paint my cat, but I have to admit that I really like the finished product. This is Frida's "sitting" pose. The day I decided to make this painting she sat in this pose for quite a while. I had enough time to take several pictures and sketch out my idea. You think she knew I was about to make a portrait of her? I doubt anyone will want to buy it, but that's o.k because I already picked out a place for this painting in the house. Now I have one more painting to do. I want to do a small abstract painting, but I have no real ideas yet. I'm also thinking of making some small drawings....hmmm, where's the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment