Saturday, February 13, 2010

Still at it




Three weeks away from the exhibit. I'm beginning to feel the excitement. My group the UVAs will be featured in our local newspaper, on tv and a magazine! If only I could lose a good 20lbs before the interviews. Oh well, no can do.


My goal is to make at least 50 pieces of necklaces for the exhibit. I work late into the night, or at least until my back gives out. Aside from making the pieces I still have to make all the tags. I'm also loading up the kiln tomorrow, I'm experimenting with some clay pieces. If all goes well I will include them in the show. The pictures above show my jewelry at La Galeria Azul. This gallery is located in historic Old Mesilla, an hour drive away from El Paso. It was a big thrill when my work was accepted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment