Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Loteria




These are some of the new necklaces that I've been working on. I still need to solder them, hopefully that will happen today. I've been trying to figure out how to put a thicker layer of solder, mine tends to be a bit thin. I'm thinking it is the flux that I use. Any tips? I make three different sizes of loteria necklaces. I grew up playing loteria with my family & it is a tradition that we still carry on with our kids. I remember being at my grandmother's house surrounded by family & playing, now my kids play with their grandparents. I never thought I'd be making jewelry out of the cards. I do not, however, use the cards that have been in my family for decades.

2 comments:

  1. I loved playing la Loteria.
    Love the pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pendants! I have some of the Loteria cards, but have never done anything with them (I guess I just like the images). Great fun to see what you have done . . . thanks for popping by my blog. I was still posting when you read it (it's a long, boring story how I accidentally published before I was finished composing and posting photos). Anyway, the new studio is a small one-bedroon house about ten minutes from our home, formerly a little rental that we owned and now MY STUDIO! It feels so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete