Saturday, November 28, 2009

El Soldado/The Soldier


This is a new piece that I created with soldiers in mind. The image comes from a Loteria game card. This particular image is popular here in town because of Fort Bliss. This is the last one I have (for now). I am still bogged down trying to pick up my inventory, I have so many new ideas that I want to try out but havn't gotten to. I had planned to do it during my week off but I have no idea where the week went! Hopefully having a little more time during Christmas break will give me a chance to complete new pieces.

I am also in the works of putting together a new exhibit for my UVAs group. As soon as the holidays are over it will be full speed ahead trying to get this 20 women show together.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorena, Thanks for your comment on my blog ... another one of life's serendipities that you would already have been a follower! I love your soldier series. So appropriate for the times. I have no idea how you get as much done as you do with teaching and all. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is to never sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although i don't like soldiers, i do adore this one on his peaceful mission!

    ReplyDelete