Friday, January 28, 2011

Polymer Clay


I finally took the plunge. I knew I would work with polymer clay one day, what I did not expect was how much I was going to enjoy it. I had never worked with it before, so I started off by playing with the clay and creating some hand formed pendants. After baking my first pendants I took them to one of the shops where my jewelry sells and the owner of the shop asked me to make her some heart shaped pendants. Time to panic!
After several experimental pieces these are the results. I made a dozen of them and took them down to the shop today. Hopefully they will receive a warm welcome from customers. I can't believe I went from buying the clay for the first time to selling the pendants all in a couple of weeks. The next step is to learn all the cool tricks polymer clay artists do and learn a few tricks of my own.
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, hearts are one of my favorite shapes along with zebra stripes. ;o)
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, hope you're keeping warm :)

    ReplyDelete