Sunday, January 23, 2011

What a weekend


I've had quite an eventful weekend. It all began with some shocking news. My bank card number was stolen and in a matter of minutes someone had charged over $400 in merchandise. Luckily my bank is covering all the costs and my money will be returned...in about five days. I felt so violated. My daughter gave me some great advice, I don't know why I never thought about it, she suggested I purchase gift cards when I am going to purchase something over the inter net. This way if someone gets a hold of my card number again, they won't be able to spend a thing! Duh, why didn't I think of that before?


On a lighter note, I am learning how to make polymer clay jewelry. I have been creating test pieces and I can see that this will be a slow learning process. I'm enjoying myself, even though every piece I've done so far is not suitable for selling. I can't seem to roll out an even sized pendant and after firing some of the pieces can still be bent. I've been searching through polymer clay sites, reading books and e-mailing for advice. As soon as I have something worthy to show I will post some pictures.
Well, new to my shop is this recycled watch pendant. I am very fond of this piece, it says "believe" in the inside, I'm a little sad about letting it go,hopefully someone will like it as much as I do. What do you think?
Hope you are enjoying your Sun. afternoon as much as I am. Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your stolen bank card, but thank heavens for the protection through your bank. And for the record, I love your Believe pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is one of my favorites too. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete