Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Day After


I had my first trunk show yesterday, along side some other talented jewelers. It was a bit slow going as far as foot traffic but managed to get some sales. The set up was a bit tight but I spent a few hours talking and making new acquaintances, swapping ideas and resources.
What I enjoyed the most was hearing people say "Oh, so you're the lady that makes these necklaces.", or "Oh, you're Nena." I've been trying very hard to make my name (brand) more visible, perhaps my efforts are finally paying off. One thing I've been wanting to do is to design new jewelry tags but am lost as to how I can do this. I've approached a few graphic designers but they must think I'm small potatoes because I never hear from them again. I've made my own for a while now, cutting and gluing, but I think I am beyond that point.
Here are a few pictures of last night's set up. The shop was a bit dark, luckily I brought my own lighting.






It had been a while since I had last done a craft show and no longer have some of my props ( I disposed of them thinking I would not need them again). I will have to start making new props and displays because I intend to do craft and jewelry shows this year. If only school was already over so that I could dedicate some time to my true love...my jewelry. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment