Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting ready

I'm still working hard trying to get ready for my first trunk show. I have mixed feelings about this trunk show since I have never done one before. I'm excited but at the same time I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.




I'm also not sure if I'm suppose to work on some of my pieces while there or should I just sit and smile pretty?
I've been doing last minute preparations in the evenings after work but I've also had workmen in and out of my house the past two days (my heater and washer broke down). More of them are expected today :( I will be unveiling some of my new polymer clay pieces this weekend, I'm fairly new at polymer so this is an exciting new step for me. Wish me luck!

I've also spent some time reading blogs from my new etsy friends. So much talent out there. So many of us have the same dream, running our own business selling our wares. I hope it comes true for every single one of us. I've also been trying to follow some of my new followers but I can't seem to view their blogs, there is no link. Hmm, am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Well, back to work, I will post pics from this weekend and let you know how it went.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the trunk show! I have not done one myself. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

    Some followers on Blogger don't actually have a blog themselves so maybe that is why you can't find a link. Not sure :) ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say sit and look pretty until you get bored, then work on something. (Unless your too busy helping customers and never get a chance to even sit down...but we're not getting our hopes up.)Good luck with the trunk show!

    ReplyDelete