Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break




As a teacher I look forward to several breaks through out the school year. Spring break is one of my favorites. This week gives me the opportunity to recharge my battery so that I can finish the school year. Unfortunately, I didn't get much rest this time around, I spent most of my time trying to catch up on some jewelry orders and tried to get ahead on some others.I am also working on a new line of pieces which I will unveil as soon as I'm done with those. For now I'd like to share with you a few pieces that I created for a local shop. I'm especially fond of the little bird necklaces, it was difficult to part with them. I also made a few for myself which I hope to put up in my etsy shop soon, that's if I can get the following mess cleaned up.


My husband and I sold our home of thirteen years three years ago and bought this fixer upper. We had also fixed up our previous home and I figured fixing this one would be the same as the first. I didn't know what I was thinking. I thought spring break would be the perfect time to have my master bathroom tiled (it had pink carpet). First of all, it is so difficult to find good help. I set up three separate appointments with workers and I was stood up all three times. A family friend recommended someone and in desperation I hired him sight unseen. Well, he turned out to be an elderly man (I do mean elderly) and had no helping hands. After several days my bathroom is finally tiled, but I was left with a broken bathroom door, mortar on my walls and some other minor repairs. Oh well, I didn't have the heart to complain, I just kept thinking that this was some one's grandpa, and besides, with all of the devastation on the other side of the world, my bathroom is not such a big deal after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment