Monday, March 7, 2011

How do you manage?

Some new things coming out and some new things going in. I was up late last night working on my polymer clay pendants and got carried away, before I knew it, it was going to be midnight. These are some of my first attempts at image transfers and even though I try to go slowly I still make mistakes. I just might put my "oops" on sale in my etsy shop. I'm going to start looking into colored liquid clay so that I could put color on the sides of my pendants.
Something I've been struggling with lately is the amount of money I am putting into my material. It seems that as soon as I sell something I turn around and buy more materials in order to make more. I have a lot of inventory in several shops, sales are not as good as I wish they were. Sometimes I think I shouldn't create any more, at least not until all of my existing inventory sells.

How do you manage to make your wares while you wait for sales? Should I stop seeing this as a business venture and just create, even if that means spending more money? Am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment